Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction: Aktuele Sake / Current Affairs
Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction - Aktuele Sake / Current Affairs
Whether you want to buy a television or a car, provide a service, fi le a consumer complaint or return an item to a seller, you need to know your rights under the new Consumer Protection Act ...
The CP Act has given every South African rights and obligations that up until now have not been an issue, and ignorance of the law is not a defence. This easily accessible guide explains how, among other things, the CP Act aims to:
- Promote and protect the economic interests of consumers;
- Improve access to, and the quality of, information that is necessary so that consumers are able to make informed choices;
- Protect consumers from hazards to their well-being and safety;
- Develop effective means of redress for consumers; and
- Promote and provide for consumer education.
Everyone's Guide to the Consumer Protection Act is therefore essential reading for all South Africans - every home should have one.