Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction: Boerdery / Farming
Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction - Boerdery / Farming
R 232You save R 58
An accessible reference to the grasses and grazers of this region, Veronica Roodt's book details the fascinating ways in which these plants and animals have evolved together. The book covers:
- some 100 grass species (includes sketches and photographs of each species) that are preferred
livestock and wild game fodder and that serve as indicators of veld condition
- the role of grasses in the food chain
- grass anatomy and growth
- how grazers have evolved to survive on grasses, both physically and in terms of their behaviour
- significant grazers that occur in the region and that play a vital role in shaping the savanna biome
- effective grassland management practices.
Nature lovers, farmers, students and tourists who seek an in-depth look at the interactions between grasses and the grazers that depend on them for life need look no further than this invaluable guide.
Publication date: 2015-07-01