Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction: Farming / Boerdery
Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction - Farming / Boerdery
An accessible reference to the grasses and grazers of this region, Veronica Roodt's book details the fascinating ways in which these plants and animals have evolved together. The book covers:
- some 100 grass species (includes sketches and photographs of each species) that are preferred
livestock and wild game fodder and that serve as indicators of veld condition
- the role of grasses in the food chain
- grass anatomy and growth
- how grazers have evolved to survive on grasses, both physically and in terms of their behaviour
- significant grazers that occur in the region and that play a vital role in shaping the savanna biome
- effective grassland management practices.
Nature lovers, farmers, students and tourists who seek an in-depth look at the interactions between grasses and the grazers that depend on them for life need look no further than this invaluable guide.
Publication date: 2015-07-01