Children: Non fiction
Children - Non fiction
Would you like to go on a fascinating voyage of discovery with Clare and Fred to the Kingdom of Music? If you're eager to learn, like to read and enjoy music, you will love this book. Clare and Fred, two clever young musicians, will explain many interesting topics and ideas about music. You could, for example, attend one of Clare's ballet lessons in which the teacher tells the dancers something about the history of dance. Or you could read about the funny story of Joseph Haydn who composed a Farewell Symphony so that the musicians in his orchestra could at last get permission from the prince to take a long overdue holiday. Or you can discover musical notation with Clare and Fred which, by the way, was developed 200 years before the birth of Christ ...
- 250 encyclopaedic articles on instruments, composers
- and music terms from classical music, jazz and pop music
- more than 200 full-colour illustrations and photos
- many notation examples
- index with approximately 1000 terms
- explanations of the origins of terms
- pronunciation of foreign terms
- preface by Peter Schreier
- for children aged 7 and older
Awarded the German Music Edition Prize 2000.
Publication date: 2013-02-01